9.11.08

If only...



The Chinese really like to spit. I remember walking around during my first week in China, and hearing a violent and alarming noise. It sounded like a small furry animal getting sucked into a vacuum and shot back out. It turned out it was just someone gathering some phlegm and spitting it out onto the sidewalk. It was my first time of many to hear that noise. Whenever we go out and walk around, we usually see many people releasing some phlegm-age. Each time I see them do this, I'm more and more convinced that I probably can't even spit like they do. Somehow it seems like they are cleansing themselves from deep within. They might even think that we're gross because we spend our lives swallowing our spit. I do know that if the Olympics would have had a Spitting event, we would have been dominated... the Chinese are phlegm champions.

No comments: