23.10.08

Dormitory Exploring - Food and Drink

I decided to show some of the small details of my dorm room that show something about my time in China. There are a few things here in my room that you probably wouldn't find in my dorm room in the U.S. Let's take a look...



A Chinese staple, the water boiler. These are an essential here in China. You'll find them in hotels, we had them on our train, and I'm guessing there are in every home in the country. I can fill this up with boiling water at the end of the hallway. It keeps the water really hot for about a day. My boiler is pink and lovely.




My Chinese dorm room is stocked with tea! Right now I have some longjin green tea, which Hangzhou is famous for, and some perfumed tea. My tea cup has a filter that keeps me from chugging the tea leaves.




Cantaloupe gum! It's tasty.




Liquids are always good. Here in China I buy a lot of bottled water. Also, I like to get this orange juice. If you can tell from the label, it's the Minute Maid brand, but it's pretty different from U.S. orange juice because it's suuuper pulpy. But I do happen to like chewy juice. The middle bottle is a new discovery....apple flavor milk! It's actually more like a yogurt drink. I think it might be healthy because it has half of the word "nutritional" on it. Sometime it's hard to know.




Korean lunch to go! We have three Korean restaurants really close to our dorm and have been eating there more often lately. I like these sushi rolls that have ham, egg, and veggies. Also, it's not a Korean meal without some spicy kimchi.

No comments: